Monday 16 February 2015

My Version of True Love.


I still remember my previous relationship as if it happened yesterday but it actually has been two years since. It has been tough to move after after such a relationship. 


It never fails to take me down the nostalgic path everytime I think of it. 

When I was in that relationship, I thought that I have finally found my true love and that it was going to last forever with a happily ever after just like in those Disney fairytales. 



At that time, true love was whatever I saw on TV. I was too naive to realise that love was nothing like whatever was on TV. I thought whatever he did for me was from pure intentions. 

Who was I kidding. The breakup part ruined me entirely because I put everything and everyone ahead of me. I gave my everything to a person who didn't deserve it at all, but I don't blame anyone but myself for my misjudgements. 

I have learnt the hard way since then. 

It has been awhile since then and today I finally figured out what true love was, well at least that's what I think it is. 

True love is pure and unconditional. It's something you feel without expecting anything in return. And it is also very rare. 

An example of true love is actually the love God has on us. He never expects anything from us yet He gives us what we need. But God isn't our true love because we ask God for things and that isn't unconditional. Instead of asking, we should just thank God for whatever He has given us and believe that He knows best. 

It is difficult to find true love nowadays because barely anyone is genuine. We are all caught up in a way or another and we can be selfish without even realising it. 


But I have found my true loves. Yes, true love doesn't have to be a single person. 

My true loves are my incredible parents, beautiful sister and my best friend. 

I know family don't have a choice, they have to care for their children. With whatever that is happening with the world these days, I have seen parents abandoning this children because they can't deal with certain things things. 





My parents have given the best for my sister and I. From a wonderful life to the best education. It's amazing because I come from an average family but I have gotten everything.

I'm 21 now and I still depend on my parents for money. At the age of 18, my dad was already working to support this siblings and now he's 56 and he is still working to support us. And the same for my mum, she would work overtime 3 times a week so that I could have the best Marks and Spencer cake and the best birthday and Christmas presents. 

I'm sure many parents do these wonderful things for their children even when they don't have to. 


My sister, the best person that I have in my life. She would give up whatever she has for me. It could be the last piece of her favourite thing, she wouldn't think twice to give it to me. She would spend her last penny on me. She would give the most sincere advises and opinions. 

Lastly, my best friend. This girl is just wonderful. I have known her for about two years and she's like an angel. 


They do without expecting anything in return and that is pure love. 



From all these wonderful people in my life ,  I can see how lucky I am to have multiple true loves in my life. I would do just about anything for them just like they would do for me. 

I would be wrong if I said no one is genuine nowadays, because I know people who truly are and would unconditionally love their love ones. 

If you ever find anyone that is genuine, make sure you keep them and never mess with their trust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment